Monday, October 13, 2014

Autumn Inspiration: Glitter Lips

Hi there!

I don't know what it is about fall: the days getting chillier, the joy of a cozy night in with candles twinkling, and the roasting of gorgeous, caramelized vegetables in the oven.. all of that just makes me want to get ELBOWS DEEP into a bunch of sparkly beauty things.  I know that all the beauty books tell you that for women of a certain age (like, over 12), glitter is a big ol' no-no.  Well, I say, one of the great things about being a woman is setting the rules for myself.  Don't you just get chills thinking about setting your own beauty rules?  Is that just me?  Okay.  ;)

Well, I remember a night not too long ago that I was playing with Things Not Often Used in my beauty drawers (!), and I came across some MAC Glitter.  I found myself summarily intrigued by a gold glitter, and a BLACK.  I know, right!?  Now, MAC has some great glitters, and I find myself going to their Reflects line all the time (the Reflects are extremely fine glitters that add a sort of liquid, high glimmer finish).  But their straight up chunky glitter?  I'd never tried it, but I dove in.

3, 2, 1: POUT - Please excuse my selfie shadow, but the lighting on my face was EVERYTHING



First, I applied a rich, blackberry lipstick as a base (I used MAC Diva) and a deep, brown liner (MAC Chestnut) for an extra defined look.  Then I went in with a gloss (MAC clear lipglass).  The original lipglass is superb - it has the perfect stickiness to hold the glitter on.

This is my homage to drag queens and divas alike: leopard print cardigan, sleek ponytail, and Epic Pouty Lips.  A languid look to the eye helps, too.  No lie, I did have a mouthful of glitter at the end of the night (:D), so this might work with some finer glitter if you want to wear it out and about.  I might just have to try that..  This fall might just be drag season. (Drautumn, anyone?)

Products used:
Lipstick: MAC Diva
Lipliner: MAC Chestnut
Lipgloss (aka glitter glue): MAC Clear Lipglass
Glitter:  MAC Gold and Black

Does this seem like a love letter to MAC?  It is!  I get no compensation for using these products - other than the fact that I feel fabulous.   What are you guys trying out this autumn?  Anything you've never tried?  I'd love to hear!

PoK,
Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment