Sunday, August 10, 2014

Summer Lovin' 2014 - My Must Haves


Hi there!

What do I want in summer, you ask?  Easy.  I want to be well-moisturized, smell good at all times (NYC has a unique array of smells ready to pounce on you at any time, so I think, why not pounce back?), and I want to have a good book to lounge around with.  So, without further ado, I present my midsummer must have list of 2014:

1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  A beautiful, witty, inspiring book that everyone's reading.  This ain't no Twilight, folks.

2.  Sally Hansen's Airbrush Legs in Deep Glow (heh).  Doesn't rub off, makes your legs look dynamite, and is completely essential.  Or as my friend Rebecca calls it, "Hose in a Can".

3.  Impress Press-On nails.  I'm cheesy, I know.  Just party like it's 1989, and spray some Aqua Net while your at it.  But it's a five-minute manicure, and they have a bunch of awesome colors.  THEY HAVE LEOPARD PRINT.  

4. Escada Taj Sunset.  Smell sweet enough to eat.  

5. The one-two punch of Sensai by Kanebo and Blinc mascaras.  They form tubes around my lashes and do not smudge all day, even in 84% humidity (thanks, New York).

6.  Neutrogena Body Oil in the light sesame scent.  THIS IS AMAZING.  Super light, smells deliciously unisex, and people will want to touch your skin.  Make sure you're around people you like.

7.  First Aid Beauty Ultra-Repair Cream.  My sensitive skin can FREAK OUT at any time of year.  It's like living with a really volatile roommate.  This works anywhere on the face and body and calms any itchy, rashy, flaky nonsense right on down.  

8.  One-two punch for lips:  MAC Lustering lipstick with More To Love lipliner.  I'm a lipliner girl.  Bury me with lipliner.  These two make a beautiful, juicy fruit punch shade on the lips.  Dive in to summer lips first.  Mwah!

That's it for my current favorites, guys!  What are some things you can't live without this summer?  Let me know in the comments below!

PoK,

Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment